Tuesday 7 August 2012

Libraries are your friend! Secret Avengers: Mission to Mars


Writer: Ed Brubaker

Artists: Mike Deodato, Will Conrad, David Aja, Michael Lark & Stefano Gaudiano

Readers of my other blog are probably well aware of my predilection for Marvel comics from the 70s.

With that in mind, this slim volume collecting the first five issues of Secret Avengers promised to push all the right buttons. An Avengers team that includes Valkyrie, The Beast and Nova fighting Roxxon Oil and a Serpent Crown, with some Nick Fury LMDs and ‘Who is Scorpio?’ thrown in? Oh yeah.

I wasn't disappointed. It was a rather spiffy read that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a quick rummage through the Marvel Universe with a nod to Marvel stories of yore.

My one gripe? All the alternative cover page-fillers; glad I wasn’t paying for ‘em.


No comments:

Post a Comment